By visiting and browsing through the Nerdymates (we, us, ours) site online, you (the site user or visitor) are affirming you have read and familiarized yourself with our Terms and Conditions. As the user of this website, you agree to adhere to the terms and conditions herein set up, as well as any regulations and laws applicable. Users of the site are solely responsible for meeting any compliance with applicable local laws as required set up by the state or local authorities.
If you refuse to agree to the terms and conditions we present herein, Nerdymates forbids you from using the website or any of the services we provide. The conditions set forth are active and this binds the user to adhere to any and all regulations we set up, with a timeframe associated with such regulations having no definitive expiration date. If one or more of the various provisions we document here is made unenforceable or invalid for whatever reason, this will not have any reflection or effect on the remaining provisions herein established. Thus, the user is still needed to meet obligatory adherence to all the provisions still in effect following any changes we make to our Terms and Conditions policy.
Terms of Service for Nerdymates
The Vendors working along with Nerdy-Mates are sometimes called Nerdy Mates. It is our goal to offer a superior platform through an online venue to bring our Nerdy Mates (vendors) together with the clients seeking the digital or physical goods and/or related services. The services and goods herein mentioned relate to, but are not in any way restricted to, work placement, researching colleges, searching for vendors, hiring vendors, ordering college textbooks, and using the booking study rooms.
Clients make requests for services and Nerdy-Mates helps them find the right vendors. It is the vendors that then address the needs of the client by serving as a personal assistant. Through Nerdy-Mates Services users and vendors will find a practical platform with all necessary technologies for making a connection between the clients and vendors. Such technologies include online connectivity as well as through text interface. The vendors and clients can also use our text interface to respond to a user’s requests.
We are not a vendor, and we do not provide the services clients request. Rather, we facilitate site and services availability only. We are not a contracting agent for the user or vendor in any transaction. Nerdymates does not employ Vendors, and the same Vendors are not agents for our company. Rather, all Vendors are independent contractors.
Nerdymates does not facilitate or provide services or goods that are prohibited by your university. We do not perform or allow illegal transactions to occur while our platform is in use. We are dependent on a program of “checks and moderation,” and in this way, we can ensure that all of the policies set forth by educational and academic institutions are met. Please note that we do not accept responsibility for services any vendor provides while using our platform to connect with clients.
Contact Information Utilization
- The main method of communication when dealing with Nerdy-Mates.is text messaging.
- The only time we will use your telephone number is when we need to know more information about your service request.
- Nerdymates stores your phone number in a secure hosting platform so you can remain confident that your information is protected. Since we rely on Amazon Web Services, you can rest assured in knowing we are working with one of the world’s most secure hosting provider.
- The numbers we store are not given to third parties and is only used by representatives of Nerdymates.
- On occasion, Nerdy-Mates might contact you with questions regarding any requests you have made, and you will also see we contact users to tell them about marketing offers that are relevant to their requests.
- If you no longer want to get texts from Nerdy-Mates, you can write in the words “Stop Text” in the input message and hit send.
- If you communicate with us on our social media page on Facebook, you are bound by terms pertaining to texting (SMS) established here in these terms and conditions.
- We do not apply a charge when users choose to use our platform for chatting and using our SMS platform. Operator rates, however, may still apply when you text the Nerdymates number.
The Content and Copyright of Nerdymates
Nerdymates hosts a single website and a single Facebook social media page at – https://www.facebook.com/nerdymates/.
We have materials and content on our site that is copyrighted material. This includes, but is in no way limited to video content, texts, SEO optimized meta tags, code, software, graphics, photos, trademarks, and trade names. All of the content belonging to Nerdy-Mates is under the protection of copyright law, intellectual property rights, database rights, and trademarks both registered and unregistered. You may not transmit, copy, publish or aid in the transfer or exploitation of any of Nerdymates content; this includes, but is in no way limited to graphics, images, and text. Any alternative domains featuring the Nerdymates trade name or content is in violation of copyright law and is a direct breach of our copyrighted content.
Refund Policy at Nerdymates
Nerdymates helps clients make direct connections with the vendors that have services or digital goods. Such services include, but are in no way limited to tutoring services, editing, hiring tutors, searching for tutors, booking study rooms, textbook ordering, and textbook searches. If the user (client) is dissatisfied with the quality of a service or goods and the product or services fails to meet the standards the client demands, we urge you to contact us directly via Facebook Messenger, phone, or email so you can notify us about the problem. Once we make an agreement with the client/user, we will look for an alternative vendor and rehandle the transaction at no additional charge, or we will offer the client/user a complete refund to the card you used when paying your order, PayPal, or money balance, whichever situation is applicable. If you made the transaction while using virtual bonus money utilized by Nerdymates, then this transaction cannot be refunded to you. We will require a minimum of 12 hours to locate a new product vendor and to redo the transaction at hand. If you submit a request for a refund, in order to ensure Nerdymates can honor the request, you must have the request into us no later than 30 days following the initial transaction (when the product was sent to you or when the client performed requested services).
Safety While Visiting and Interacting with Nerdymates
Nerdymates takes active measures to ensure the website and its environment remains safe for everyone; by using the site you agree to help Nerdymates keep things safe by making the following commitments:
- You promise not to request, utilize, or share any personal data belonging to other users of Nerdymates.
- You agree not to harass, threaten, or bully any of the employees or users of this site.
- You agree not to gather any information or content or to access our site using scrapers, spiders, robots, bots or methods of automated information gathering unless Nerdymates gives you explicit permission in writing to do so.
- You agree not to impair, overburden, or disable the appearance or properly working platform belonging to Nerdymates; you promise that you will not engage in any kind of page accessing or rendering interference, or denial of service attack and that you will not hinder the functionality of any of the Nerdymates functionality.
- You agree to not participate in any type of illegal marketing related to our site.
- You promise not to encourage or facilitate any of the expressions shared herein set forth in this Terms and Conditions Statement or any of our other policy statements.
- You promise you will not upload malicious code or viruses to Nerdymates website.
- You promise not to use any part of Nerdymates to perform anything that is discriminatory, malicious, misleading, or unlawful.
Processes Requests Nerdymates will Deny Include:
- 1. Requests involving illegal actions or that attempt to violate any regulation, ordinance, statute, or law.
- 2. Activities that involve any or all of the following actions:
- 2.1 Associated with transactions or off-shore banking used for the purposes of financing or refinancing debts funded to any credit cards.
- 2.2 Associated with the act of buying layaway systems, lottery contracts, or annuities.
- 2.3 Associated with the act of ordering money or selling travel cheques.
- 2.4 Associated with the collection of any kind of payment on the behalf of a vendor, business, or merchant.
- 2.5 Associated with the act of selling goods, services, or items the seller has no possession or control of at the time of sale.
- 2.6 Associated with the act of offering insurance activities, credit transactions, debt settlement services, or credit repair.
- 2.7 Associated with activities like cheque cashing or currency exchange.
- 2.8 Associated with the receipt of payments or the offering of said payments to another.
- 2.9 Associated with the act of showing personal data or information to third parties, particularly when it is in violation of the law.
- 2.10 The act of supporting any multi-level marketing program, get rich quick schemes, easy money offers, matrix programs, pyramid schemes or Ponzi schemes.
- 3. Conditions related to or involving any of the following:
- 3.1 Any item that facilitates, promotes, urges, encourages, or teaches others to participate in an activity that is illegal.
- 3.2 Products that are a health risk to the consumer or that threaten the safety of the consumer, including, but in no way limited to things like controlled substances, steroids, cigarettes, drugs, or narcotics.
- 3.3 Actions promoting racial intolerance, bigotry, violence, hate or financial exploration or crimes.
- 3.4 Any request involving the violation or the infringement of copyright, trademark, privacy, right of publicity or alternative proprietary rights under the applicable laws of any authority.
- 3.5 Knives or weapons under legal regulations and applicable laws of any jurisdiction, firearm accessories or parts, firearms in general, ammunition, and sexually oriented services or materials.
- 3.6 Virtual goods or digital goods that are stolen.
4. Any requests that are identified as highly fraudulent by any government agency or legal authority.
Regulations Regarding Content at Nerdymates
Users of Nerdymates services and platforms are not permitted to post or share content related to any of the following:
- Gratuitous or graphic violence or nudity.
- Materials containing, promoting, or involving malicious code, worm programs, corrupt files, viruses, adware, malware, spyware, or alternative programs created for the purposes of limiting, disrupting, or destroying the function of any servers, equipment, networks, telecommunications, hardware, or software; Trojan horse programs or any other material created for the purposes of interfering, intercepting, expropriating, or the theft and misuse of personal information and data, whether it is from Nerdymates or any other alternative. Also, postings that serve as an infringement on any third parties rights whatsoever, including privacy rights, intellectual property rights (without limitation), are prohibited.
- Anything containing foul language, obscene words, swearing, aggressive slang, or that which can be considered offensive or that is shared for the sole purposes of annoying, alarming, embarrassing, upsetting, bullying or offending another.
- Material that includes the likeness of any person under 18 years old.
- Material promoting or encouraging the sharing of spam or junk mail.
- Material involving bigotry, hatred, sexism, racism, or that threatens, insults, or abuses another individual.
- 5.6 Material that is offensive to human dignity or obscene.
- 5.7 Materials relating to commercial ventures including telephone numbers, addresses, web addresses, live links to alternative sites, competitions, sales, and anything related to business outside of Nerdymates.
Subscriptions at Nerdymates
Any fees for a monthly based plan are due the same date no matter what the month or the nearest date within that month and is based on the sign-up date when you became a subscriber at Nerdymates. When you subscribe to the services made available by Nerdymates, you give us authorization to take the fees each month from your Strip, PayPal, or credit card account, as you choose when you subscribe. If the payment does not process on any given month when it is due, representatives of Nerdy-Mates will attempt to email you to let you know the status of your account. We will then cancel subscription until the payment is made. You have the option of canceling plan anytime you desire. Cancellations should be put in writing and emailed to [email protected]. It can take one to two days to process the cancellation following your initial request.
Limitation of Liability Information at Nerdymates
AT NO TIME WHATSOEVER IS Nerdymates TO BE CONSIDERED RESPONSIBLE FOR THE DAMAGE OR LOSS OF ANY KIND. THIS INCLUDES WITHOUT LIMIT DAMAGES THAT ARE CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, ECONOMIC, INDIRECT, OR DIRECT, OR RELATED IN ANY WAY TO ANY OF THE FOLLOWING: THE SERVICES SUPPLIED BY VENDORS, THE CONTENT SHARED ON Nerdymates, THE CONTENT BELONGING TO USERS OF THE SITE; THE PERFORMANCE OF THE USE/ OR INABILITY TO USE THE Nerdymates WEBSITE, OR ANY ACTIONS CONNECTED TO INVESTIGATIONS CONDUCTED BY NERDY-MATES REPRESENTATIVES, PARTIES, OR LEGAL AUTHORITIES IN REGARD TO SITE USAGE; ANY LEGAL ACTION TAKEN BY A COPYRIGHT OWNER OR THOSE WHO OWN INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY THAT IS COPYRIGHTED, OR ANY OMISSIONS OR ERRORS IN THE TECHNICAL OPERATION OF THE SERVICES.
Nerdymates IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE DAMAGE OR LOSS OF ANY KIND IN RELATION A USER’S MOBILE DEVICE, EQUIPMENT, TECHNOLOGY, USER’S COMPUTER, OR ANY TYPE OF DAMAGE RESULTING FROM MALFUNCTIONS, TECHNICAL ISSUES, NETWORK FAILURE, COMPUTER LINE FAILURE, DELAYED TRANSMISSION OR OPERATION, DEFECTS, INTERRUPTION, OMISSION, ERROR, FRAUD, TAMPERING, BUGS, OR VIRUSES. WE CLAIM NO RESPONSIBILITY THAT RESULTS IN ANY UNFORESEEABLE OR FORESEEABLE AND KNOWN ISSUE, EVEN WHEN Nerdymates HAS BEEN ADVISED OR SHOULD BE AWARE OF A POTENTIAL FOR DAMAGES, MALFUNCTION, COMPUTER FAILURE, THE ACCURACY OR INACCURACY OF RESULTS, WORK STOPPAGE, LOSS OF DATA, LOSS OF GOODWILL, OR LOST PROFITS, EVEN IF SUCH LOSSES ARE BECAUSE OF AN ACTION INVOLVING A TORT, STRICT LIABILITY, NEGLIGENCE, OR CONTRACT, WHETHER CAUSED IN PART OF WHOLLY BY ACTS OF GOD, NEGLIGENCE, DESTRUCTION OF THE WEBSITE, THEFT, OR TELECOMMUNICATIONS FAILURE.
AT NO TIME WHATSOEVER IS Nerdymates REPRESENTATIVES OR PARTIES RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE TO THE USER, CLIENT, (YOU), VENDOR, OR ANYONE ELSE FOR INJURIES OR DEATH INCLUDING PERSONAL INJURIES OR DAMAGE. PLEASE NOTE; IN SOME STATES, THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION JUST MENTIONED IS NOT PERMISSIBLE, SO THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION DOES NOT APPLY IN SUCH CASES. ‘AT NO TIME WHATSOEVER IS Nerdymates REPRESENTATIVES OR PARTIES COMPLETELY AND TOTALLY RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ALL CAUSES OF ACTION, LOSSES, OR DAMAGES, PARTICULARLY THOSE ACTIONS EXCEEDING THE AMOUNTS THE USER PAYS TO Nerdymates OVER THE PAST SIX MONTH PERIOD, OR $250.00, WHICHEVER IS THE GREATER. THE LIMITATIONS AND EXCLUSIONS SHARED HEREIN ARE APPLICABLE NOTWITHSTANDING ANY FAILURE OF LIMITED REMEDY OR ESSENTIAL PURPOSE. THIS SECTION WILL SURVIVE ANY TERMINATION OF EXPIRATION OF THE USER’S RELATIONSHIP WITH Nerdymates.
THE USER AGREES THAT IN THE CASE DAMAGES, INJURIES, OR LOSS OCCURRING AND STEMMING FROM Nerdymates PARTIES OR REPRESENTATIVE OMISSIONS OR ACTS, THE DAMAGES CAUSED TO THE USER ARE EITHER NOT IRREPARABLE, OR THE LOSSES ARE SUFFICIENT TO ENTITLE YOU TO AN INJUNCTION STOPPING ANY WEBSITE EXPLOITATION OR THE EXPLOIT OF ANY SERVICE, PRODUCT, PROPERTY, OR WEBSITE BELONGING TO Nerdymates OR ANY OTHER CONTENT WE OWN OR CONTROL. USERS HAVE NO RIGHTS TO RESTRAIN OR ENJOIN THE EXPLOITATION, EXHIBITION, ADVERTISING, DISTRIBUTION, PRODUCTION, OR DEVELOPMENT OF ANY SERVICE, PRODUCT, PROPERTY, OR WEBSITE OR ANY OTHER CONTENT CONTROLLED AND OWNED BY Nerdymates REPRESENTATIVES OR PARTIES OR THE NERDY-MATES WEBSITE IN GENERAL.
WHEN YOU ACCESS Nerdymates SERVICES YOU ACKNOWLEDGE YOUR UNDERSTANDING THAT YOU WILL WAIVE YOUR RIGHT WITH REGARD TO UNSUSPECTED OR UNKNOWN CLAIMS AND THAT WITH THE WAIVER IN PLACE, AND PER THE WAIVER YOU ALSO ACKNOWLEDGE THE ADVANTAGES ASSOCIATED WITH SECTION 1542 OF CALIFORNIA’S CIVIL CODE ANY LAWS THAT MIGHT BE SIMILAR STEMMING FROM ALTERNATIVE JURISDICTIONS AND AUTHORITIES. IN THE CASE OF THE 1542 CODE, WHICH IS CLEARLY CITED HERE:
Termination of Use Regulations at Nerdymates
As mentioned earlier, if you want to stop the sharing of your information and personal data, you can make the request via email at [email protected]. Once your request is received and reviewed, it can take up to 72 hours to get your requests. When you decide to use the Nerdy-Mates website, you then agree that Nerdymates has the right to suspend, limit, or terminate site access to any part or all of the services made available through the website – these changes can be implanted without explanation in advance or at any time.
You, the user of the site, visitor or client agree that we (Nerdymates) is an interface only. One facilitating the ability of vendors and clients to communicate and to make/receive payment, whereas the client pays for services, and the Vendors receive payment for their services, digital goods, and products. At no time whatsoever is Nerdymates a part of any agreements made between vendors and clients and the vendors connecting with clients are all independent contractors responsible for their own services and goods. Nerdymates does not employ the agents or vendors using the site to connect with clients, and we, therefore, do not control the usability, quality, or quantity of any product or service nor do we control the conduct of vendors, users, and any other users of the website, and we, therefore, have no liability whatsoever in this particular regard.
Nerdymates does lightly screen the applications it receives from vendors, but the site and its representatives do not make any effort to confirm the vendor profile information, the competency of the vendor, their history or background, or their expertise in regard to what they offer in the way of goods or services. Nerdymates does not and cannot control vendors, their services, or how they perform and are not responsible for their behavior or actions. The same goes for users and again, Nerdymates excuses themselves from liability in this regard. We are in no way responsible for vendors, clients, users, web visitors, third parties, or the users of the services and site. Nerdymates excuses itself from all liability relation to all of the latter mentioned people, users, and vendors alike. Thus, any meetings, whether in person or conducted, that happens between vendors and users or third parties or any lesson services you buy from vendors are actions done with the user taking on any and all risks associated with the transaction and event.
As a user or third party use of Nerdy-Mates services and website through your account agrees all liability or legal remedy that is sought for the omissions or actions of one or more vendors are limited to making claims against a select vendor, or the third party or the user responsible for the harm caused and is not an effort to force Nerdymates to offer a legal remedy with regard to any such omissions or actions except by what this agreement authorizes. Additionally, we accept no responsibility for the exchange or use of files or data between users and vendors. What’s more, we do not handle, control, nor are we responsible for the applicability, legality, quality, timeliness, safety, completeness, accuracy, or the veracity of anything spoken or documented in written form by users and vendors. As such, we urge the user to openly communicate directly with those you contact as a result of using our services and this site.
Links at Nerdymates
Nerdymates does not assess every link on the website and therefore retains no responsibility for the site linked to or the content thereof. A link on our site does not mean, in any way, shape, or form, that we endorse the owner of that domain, website, or company. Users agree that accessing any links is done so at their own risk.
Nerdymates may, from time to time, make periodic changes to the terms and conditions presented here. We reserve the right to make changes without prior notice and without notification. When you use the site, you automatically agree to the terms and conditions in the most current version featuring the most recent updates. We encourage you to check out our terms and conditions from time to time so you can keep abreast of changes.
More Vendor Terms
When you sign up as a Vendor to use Nerdymates services, you are agreeing to all of the following terms.
You have the experience, ability, credentials, and qualifications to back the services you provide and the information relating your experience is not misleading, incorrect, untruthful, or incomplete.
You agree not to make use of our services for any company or service involving the violation of academic policies in the US or UK, and you also promise the services you provide are entirely legal and do not violate the laws of any authority or jurisdiction.
You agree that you will not support any form of cheating or dishonesty when it comes to academic endeavors and you also agree to acknowledge should you make the decision to do so, it can result in the termination of your privileges as a site user. Further, you cannot take part in any endeavor that will cause Nerdymates to purchase any licenses or to payout to third parties for royalties this includes payments for musical works or public performances.
How to Contact Nerdymates
Headquarters: Milwaukee, 2522 W Capitol Dr, WI 53206
Contact email: [email protected]